postnatal doula support services.
Your baby is here. You are bouncing in between states of pure wonder and exhaustion. You need help and that is both okay and expected.
Parents, like babies, need nourishing meals, rest and ease, so that the transition into this special period is as smooth as possible. As a postnatal doula, I am able to support families in creating stress-free environments by offering the following:
- Help with post birth recuperation and postnatal comfort measures
- Lactation support if needed and/or desired, as well as provide referrals
- Basic preparation of warm and nutritious foods
- Light housekeeping necessary to the daily function of the home
- Run errands within walkable and acceptable distance
- Caring for baby while parent(s) nap, shower or care for other children
- Support parent(s) in learning and caring for their newborn as it relates to bathing, feeding and soothing baby
- Provide guidance in babywearing and cloth diapering
- Answer any questions to the best of my abilities by offering non judgemental emotional and informational support
For families interested in working with me in this capacity, I offer a complimentary in person interview so that we can learn more about each other. Once hired, I will come to your home before baby arrives so that we can discuss and plan for the postpartum period. This visit will last about an hour.
Current packages for Brooklyn families include:
- 4 postnatal visits at $480 to be used within 2 weeks.
- 6 postnatal visits at $700 to be used over the course of 3 weeks.
- 8 postnatal visits at $950 to be used over the course of 4 weeks.
Please note visits are 3hr blocks and occur during daytime hours. If interested and dependent availability, additional visits can be scheduled.
- Overnights (9pm - 6am) are available at $425 per night, in Brooklyn only.