Boy wonder is One today. Like most parents, I can't believe where time has gone and went. Yet at the same time I do. Time has lapsed between nursing sessions and little sleep intervals. It's found itself in checking off milestones and wishing teething bouts away. Time hid from me when I wondered where I, the individual, went. Time guided the growing and humbling required to parent and assume such role. Forever will I be in a state of shock that my heart expanded in such a way I could never put into accurate words.
Some things I love about this journey and my son so far:
- The mornings are my favorite. I see his awakening and discoveries. he's arrived.
- His hands, feet and hugs are clouds. like water, refreshing and fluid. molds into me and leaves his presence.
- Constantly being reminded that while it can feel lonely and isolating, so many did it before me and are doing it with me now. Mommas inspire me.
- He is a perfect design. patient, confident, determined, fun, curious, great to be around: my kid is all these things.
- Surprising myself at how I've handled adversity. with grace and thought yet never misplacing my emotions.
- Watching my partner also become a parent is a sweet treat. I can't wait to continue observing their relationship and connection.
- My body: how it formed, shape shifted, accommodated, endured and healed.
It's been one whole year of all these things and more. I'm in it and this really is just a glimpse. I'm excited and nervous. but I'm also patient and trusting that all is well and will be what it's supposed to be.
Happy b'earthday son! Happy unearthing to my postpartum bod. Happy anniversary to my breastfeeding boobs. So many things to celebrate and acknowledge. Thankful beyond measure for the opportunity to experience and witness this part of life.
Thank you to all our friends and family that made celebration day such a wonderful experience for us. See you at the next jam!